In most cases, if you find a litter of kittens without a mother, they are NOT abandoned. Mom is simply not there at the moment and will return to continue caring for them. She may be hunting for food perhaps or hiding nearby, waiting for you to leave. Disturbing the nest can cause the mother to move them, which may not be in the kittens’ best interest. Unless you feel the kittens are in immediate danger, please leave them be.
If you feel you must monitor the situation for safety reasons:
– Sonoma County Animal Care and Control: (707) 565-7100. Open Tues-Sat.
– Rohnert Park Animal Shelter: (707) 584-1582. Open Wed-Sun.
– North Bay Animal Services: (707) 778-4396. Open Tues-Sat.
– Healdsburg Animal Shelter: (707) 431-3386. Open 7 days a week.
– Pets Lifeline: (707) 996-4577. Open Tues-Sat.
– Sonoma County Humane Society: (707) 542-0882. Open 7 days a week.
– Holistic Animal Care Center (707) 584-4343. Open Mon-Fri
– Petaluma PETpals (707) 769-2199.
– Dogwood Animal Rescue @dogwoodanimalrescue
FOR AFTER-HOURS EMERGENCIES CONTACT:
– PetCare Emergency Services (707) 579-5900 or 579-3900.
– Redwood Veterinary Hospital (707) 542-4012.
We can’t do what we do without a fantastic group of volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, fill out this form and we will contact you.
All donations go to providing needed care for Sonoma County’s unowned cats. There are multiple ways to give. Learn more