Job Description: Trap feral cats and kittens for spay/neuter surgeries, transport trapped cats to veterinary offices or clinics, and return/release* to colony.
Job Qualifications: Volunteers must be reliable, patient, and able to interact positively with a variety of people. Prior experience with cats, especially feral cats a plus.
Volunteers must also be able to:
Commitment and Hours: We ask that all volunteers consider no less than a six-month commitment to Forgotten Felines. Hours vary and depend upon your availability.
- Follow directions and work within the guidelines of the Trapping Program.
- Work under the direction of the Trapping Coordinator.
- Trap in the evenings.
- Safely house trapped cat overnight.
- Transport cat to and from vet office.**
- Keep trapping records.
- Interact professionally with Program Veterinarians and their Staff.
- Work co-operatively with Colony Caretakers.
- Operate traps and squeeze cages.
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds easily.
- Work independently
- Drive and have reliable transportation.
Training: One-on-one training is provided for this position.
Equipment & Supplies: FFSC will provide all trapping equipment
*Kittens that qualify for the adoption program will not be returned/released to the colony from which they came.
**If transporting a cat to and from the veterinarianıs office the day after trapping is an inconvenience, trappers can be paired with a ³transporter² who can assist with this aspect of the volunteer job.
New Volunteer Orientation Schedule