Job Description: Provide a safe, secure environment and lots of socialization (TLC) for cats and kittens waiting to
enter our Adoption Program.
Job Qualifications: Volunteers must have had some previous experience with cats and/or kittens, be reliable,
conscientious, and observant.
Volunteers must also be able to:
Commitment and Hours: We ask that all volunteers consider no less than a six-month commitment to Forgotten Felines.
Parents should expect to foster
a cat or kitten(s) for a period of time ranging from a few weeks to a few months depending on age, temperament, health and the availability of space in the
Adoption Program. Foster Parents should also expect to spend a minimum of two hours/day in caring for kittens and one hour/day for an adult foster cat.
These time commitments are greater when caring for/raising a feral cat or kittens.
- Follow directions and work within the guidelines of the Foster Program.
- Work under the direction of the Foster Program Coordinator.
- Provide safe, clean, indoor housing for foster cat or kittens.
- Keep all scheduled Clinic and Veterinarian Appointments.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Recognize and report any signs of illness.
Training: One-on-one training is provided for this position.
Equipment and Supplies: FFSC will provide all equipment and supplies needed for fostering and is responsible for providing all necessary medical care/treatment.
New Volunteer Orientation Schedule