Job Description: Provide food and water and monitor the health and stability of colony cats.
Job Qualifications: Volunteers must be reliable, observant, and conscientious.
Volunteers must also be able to:
Commitment and Hours: We ask that all volunteers consider no less than a six-month commitment to Forgotten Felines. Colony Caretakers can be scheduled as regular feeders, occasional feeders, or as relief feeders. Your feeding schedule will depend upon your availability and proximity to existing colonies.
- Follow directions and work within the guidelines of the Caretaking Program.
- Work under the direction of the Caretaking Coordinator or Acting Coordinator.
- Consistently keep their commitment on the days assigned.
- Recognize and report any signs of illness or injury in colony cats.
- Recognize and report any disturbances at the colony site.
- Report the appearance of new cats at the colony to the Caretaking Coordinator.
- Interact cooperatively with trappers and other Caretakers assigned to the Colony.
- Work independently.
- Drive and have reliable transportation.
Training: One-on-one training is provided for this position.
Equipment and Supplies: Cat food and any other needed supplies will be provided.
New Volunteer Orientation Schedule