Job Description: Provide socialization, grooming, affection, and attention to cats and kittens in our adoption program.
Job Qualifications: Volunteers must be reliable, observant, conscientious, and patient.
Volunteers must also be able to:
Commitment and Hours: We ask that all volunteers consider no less than a six-month commitment to the Forgotten Felines. Cat Cuddlers volunteer in the afternoon hours (1-5 p.m.) for a 1-2 hour shift once a week, every other week or once a month depending on their schedule. The preferred commitment is one to two hours once a week or twice a month.
- Follow directions and work within the guidelines of the Adoption Program
- Work under the direction of the Adoption Program Coordinator, the Adoption Program Assistant and/or the on-duty Adoption Counselor.
- Work cooperatively with other Volunteers, Shelter Staff, and members of the public.
- Recognize and report any signs of illness or injury in adoptable cats.
- Have reliable transportation
Training: One-on-one training is provided for this position.
Equipment and Supplies: All supplies needed will be provided.
New Volunteer Orientation Schedule