Thank you for requesting assistance from Forgotten Felines of Sonoma County. FFSC is a non-profit organization dedicated to the care and control of feral cats.
The following are services our organization offers with regard to altering and managing a group of feral (wild) cats.
Forgotten Felines does not trap and remove feral cats from a colony. We can, however, offer other available options if keeping the cats on the property is not an option for you.
- Information - FFSC can provide you with information on how to trap, where to rent a trap, where to make an appointment to get your cats altered and proper feral cat management.
- Spay/Neuter Assistance - FFSC offers two types of low cost
spay/neuter clinics. One is for feral cats only. You do the trapping and transporting, we'll fix, test, vaccinate, ear tip your cat(s), treat for worms and fleas. The requested co-pay is $30.00 per cat, but this fee is negotiable depending upon the number of cats and the situation. This is not a free clinic.
- Tame Cat Spay/Neuter Clinics - FFSC also offers low cost spay/neuter clinics for pet, stray, abandoned or lost cats. The requested co-pay is $30 per cat which includes altering and vaccinations. Testing and microchipping is also offered at an additional cost if requested. This clinic serves low-income individuals that cannot afford $75 at local veterinarians.
Please see our Spay /
Neuter Information Sheet
- Trapping Assistance - If you are physically unable to do the trapping and transporting yourself, then Forgotten Felines can set you up with a Volunteer Trapper who will come to your home and assist in the process. Again, a $30.00 per cat donation is requested for this service and it includes altering, testing, vaccinations, and ear tipping. It should be noted that assistance such as this is dependent upon volunteer availability. Upon receipt of your Colony Report Form, our Trapping Coordinator will provide you with an estimated wait time for this service.
- Barn Cats - Do you know anyone that might need a natural, chemical-free method of controlling rodents? Consider barn cats! Forgotten Felines often has situations requiring the relocation of outdoor cats, both feral and friendly. At no charge to you we can provide one or more cats to be your natural rodent control for your vineyard, farm, ranch, or dairy. These cats would be spayed or neutered and vaccinated prior to placement. For more information regarding our Relocation Program, please contact Stephanie at (707) 576-7999, email@example.com.
Call 576-7999 for the date of our next low-cost spay/neuter clinic.
Thank you for caring about the feral cats in our county. Together, we are making a difference.
"Butterfly" - photo by Randy Christenson